Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Project Ethos Fashion: DIY Time

By Sarah Clifford

Every now and again, I have this urge to create, whether it’s art, a piece of clothing, or an accessory. This past weekend I was out shopping and realized that friendship bracelets were everywhere. Free People was selling them for $18 a pop and just before I added one to my shopping bag, I realized, “Hey, I can make this myself!”
So after a quick trip to a local crafts store, I headed home to create a friendship bracelet of my own. I had a vague memory of making this when I was a kid, so I figured it’d come back to me. Not so much.


A little internet browsing and I was back in the game. Honestly…WTF: http://honestlywtf.com/diy/diy-friendship-bracelet has an awesome tutorial that I highly recommend. All you need is embroidery thread, tape and some scissors (and then a little patience).

They’re a little addicting, so be prepared to have a lot of thread on hand for all the color combos you come up with. After you have a few, you can mix up patterns, add rhinestone embellishments, and change colors.
Pile them on to add some flair to any outfit, be it your work attire or your get up for hitting the beach. Happy DIY-ing!


No comments:

Post a Comment