Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Here I am

by Brianne | Professional Relations Director


It is exactly 2 days, 1 hour and 10 minutes until the red carpet opens for the 10th show from Project Ethos. I am the Professional Relations Director for this show and have been a part of this team for more then 2 years now. My journey to Project Ethos was much different then the rest, but nonetheless is the perfect story of passion and luck.

On March 9, 2007 I attended my first Project Ethos event. I had heard of the event from a designer who was in the show, and also attended my college. She described this fascinating event that combined talent from all different industries including fashion, music and art. I couldn't wrap my head around such an idea, as most people can't when they first hear abut us, so I found a date, got into my best cocktail dress and headed to the Avalon. Little did I know, that Friday night would inspire me for the next few years to come.

Upon arrival I was ambushed with the amazing combination of sights and sounds. The calm music of Colbie Caillat drenched the audience in a spell right before we were exposed to 8 different young and local designers. After the fashion show I found my way to the art room. Having never been to an art show before I didn't know what to expect. Everywhere I looked there were bright colors in paintings, drawings and more. The room oozed with a refreshing sense of creativity.

I left the Avalon that night speechless, and for those of you who know me, that is a rare occasion. A few days later I emailed my resume through the website hoping to be picked as dresser or some sort of volunteer for the next show. I knew that I had to be a part of this movement. After interviewing I was given a PR internship with Project Ethos. I was excited and astonished that I now could identify with this group of amazing people. That was 6 shows ago.

After being an intern for a year I was hired on as the PR Director, becoming the youngest director in the company. I now have 20 interns in my department alone, (a small army's worth). We work diligently to ensure the success for all participants in the show and work to bring buyers, curators and other industry executives to help us do so.

Now, here I am, writing my first blog about my first art show, my first internship and the first moment that inspired my career, just hoping to do the same for someone else.

1 comment:

  1. Brianne's army,
    hard to miss, hard at work.

    Great job on Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete