Wednesday, August 17, 2011

All Good Things Must Come to an End

When I first began this internship I was so excited. However I figured that, like most things, the sparkle and excitement would fade once I started working more. Quite the opposite. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the longer I worked the more fun I had. I got to know the girls in the office more and I got to know all the other interns more. I found myself looking forward to what crazy conversations would take place that day (like actually meeting people who had never seen The Sandlot) and the two hour long debates on where we should go for lunch. 
Amongst all the talk of ice cream cookie sandwiches and deep fried anything, though, I found my fellow interns and I actually learning. We learned how to overcome the fear of calling buyers and curators, how to let the rude comments and hang ups from buyers and curators roll off our backs, and how to work together to contribute something significant to all of our shows. I must say I am so grateful to have been able to have this experience and to work with such talented people. It turned out to be more than I ever thought it could be.

Thanks Project Ethos for an amazing summer!
Christi




I still remember the e-mail my instructor sent to our class about an internship for Project Ethos, a fashion, music and art company. I sent my resume in and was excited to hear from Brianne, the PR Director, shortly after. It was already time for our orientation meeting, where we would meet Jason, the owner, Brianne, as well as the other interns. We were lucky to end up with such a great crowd. Now it is hard to believe that this is my last day at the office here in LA already. Over the past months we got some insight of the business behind the events Project Ethos puts on. There is a lot of work in all different areas that needs to be taken care of and it was interesting to learn step by step how we could help out and do research to find all the information that was needed. However, it is time for me to say bye and thank you to Project Ethos for the great opportunity.

-Susanne Truthmann

No comments:

Post a Comment